Electricians install and maintain all electrical components used in residential, commercial and industrial buildings.
You are able to work for small to large businesses and move into leading hand, supervising or management positions. You may even consider starting up your own business. You may even choose to enrol in further education to complete courses from Certificate IV to university degree.
What an Electrician does
- wiring to new buildings
- rewiring buildings
- read and interpret electrical diagrams
- installation of data caballing
- installation of light and power points
- installation of smoke detectors
- switchboard installation and replacement
- maintain automated systems
- installation of electrical safety equipment
- test for and repairs damaged electrical components
- repair electrical appliances
- apply Work Health and Safety requirements.
- 16 years or older
- a desire to achieve excellence
- competent in maths and english
- physically fit and agile
- able to work at heights
- aptitude for working with your hands
- enjoy working as a team
- willing to travel to different sites.
- completed a VET or Pre-Apprenticeship course
- industry work experience
- driver’s licence and own transport.