Refrigeration & Air-Conditioning
Refrigerators and air-conditioners select, install, commission, maintain fault-find and repair refrigeration and air conditioning components and systems in domestic, commercial and/or industrial applications.
Refrigeration and air-conditioning mechanic.
You are able to work for small to large businesses and move into leading hand, supervising or management positions. You may even consider starting up your own business. You may even choose to enrol in further education to complete courses from Certificate IV to university degree.
What a Refrigerator and Air-Conditioner does
- participate in refrigeration and air conditioning work and competency development activities
- dismantle, assemble and fabricate electro technology components
- solve problems in extra-low voltage single path circuits
- fix and secure equipment
- use drawings, diagrams, schedules and manuals
- document occupational hazards and risks in refrigeration and air-conditioning
- prepare refrigeration tubing and fittings
- determine basic operating conditions of vapour compression systems
- determine the basic operating conditions of air conditioning systems
- install pipework for refrigeration and air conditioning systems
- install refrigeration and air conditioning systems, major components and associated equipment
- recover, pressure and leak test, evacuate and charge refrigerants
- verify compliance and functionality of refrigeration and air conditioning installations
- 16 years or older
- a desire to achieve excellence
- competent in maths and english
- physically fit and agile
- able to work at heights
- aptitude for working with your hands
- enjoy working as a team
- willing to travel to different sites.
- completed a VET or Pre-Apprenticeship course
- industry work experience
- driver’s licence and own transport.