Wall & Ceiling Lining – Fibrous Plastering
A fibrous plasterer is involved in manufacture, and fixing of internal linings for commercial and residential buildings. Fibrous Plasterers may also manufacture and install plaster sheets, decorative mouldings and cornice.
This qualification provides a trade outcome in wall and ceiling lining.
You are able to work for small to large businesses and move into leading hand, supervising or management positions. You may even consider starting up your own business. You may even choose to enrol in further education to complete courses from Certificate IV to university degree.
What a Fibrous Plasterer does
- estimate the quantity of materials required by measuring surfaces or reviewing a work order
- measure ceiling and wall areas, work out plasterboard layout, and install insulation
- measure and cut plasterboard, lift and position panels and fix into position
- prepare corner beading panel mouldings, ceiling centres and other plaster decoration
- cover joins and nail holes with wet plaster compounds and trowel smooth
- install acoustic walls and ceiling product
- make fibrous plaster sheets and mouldings
- manufacture fibreglass, flexible rubber and plaster moulds
- carry out measurements and calculations
- read and interpret plans and specifications
- apply Work Health and Safety requirements.
- 16 years or older
- a desire to achieve excellence
- competent in maths and english
- physically fit and agile
- able to work at heights
- aptitude for working with your hands
- enjoy working as a team
- willing to travel to different sites.
- completed a VET or Pre-Apprenticeship course
- industry work experience
- driver’s licence and own transport.