Group Training Organisations
A Group Training Organisation undertakes the employer responsibilities for the quality and continuity of the apprentices’ and trainees’ employment and training. The Group Training Organisation also manages the additional care and support necessary to achieve the successful completion of the training contract
The goals of group training are to:
- create additional employment opportunities for apprenticeships and traineeships that otherwise might have not existed.
- provide for continuity of employment of apprentices and trainees through to the completion of their Apprenticeship/Traineeship Training Contract
- improve the quality and range of training available to apprentices and trainees, particularly small and medium business
To achieve these goals, Group Training Organisations:
- employ apprentices and trainees and place them with training employers;
- are responsible for meeting the obligations of the employer as outlined in the Apprenticeship/Traineeship Training Contract and managing and monitoring arrangements with training employers; and
- provide care and support throughout the apprenticeship or traineeship
Many Group Training Organisations also:
- assist apprentices and trainees to make a successful transition into the skilled workforce;
- rotate apprentices and trainees among training employers to ensure continuity of their Training Contract and enhance the quality and range of the training experience;
- provide access to apprenticeships and traineeships, for those disadvantaged in the labour market; and
- provide services to the community which contribute to the promotion of vocational education and training and encourage employment growth.
LIST OF GROUP TRAINING ORGANISATIONS
Group Training Association of NSW & ACT
Group Training organisations employ more than 8,000 apprentices and trainees in NSW & ACT.
Our members are committed to providing traineeships and apprenticeships across a broad range of industries and interests.
Group Training Associations of NSW & ACT members are committed to providing traineeships and apprenticeships across a broad range of industries and interests.
Master Builders Association of New South Wales
The Master Builders Association of NSW (Master Builders) is the leading building and construction industry association across the state. A not for profit organisation, it is chartered with representing and furthering the interests of the building and construction industry.
The Master Builders Group Scheme employs apprentices and trainees and places them with training employers. Master Builders oversee the quality of the training and pastoral care of apprentices and trainees. The apprentice and trainee may move from one training employer to another but will remain employed by the Master Builders. The training employers provide guidance and on the job training enabling the apprentice and trainee to achieve their qualification – apprentices and trainees receive paid time off work to attend class room training.
Since the formation of the Master Builders Group Scheme in 1977 over 8000 apprentices and trainees have graduated from the program.
Regions Serviced: Sydney Metro, Regional and Rural NSW
Master Painters Group Training Company Pty Ltd
Master Painters Group Training Company strives for excellence in Vocational & Training in NSW. In partnership with Master Painters Australia NSW Association, they strive to actively encourage their apprentices to reach outstanding success, showcasing the many skills of the Painting and decorating craft. They strive to en sure that their apprentices are the best in the business.
Master Plumbers Apprentices Ltd
Master Plumbers Apprentices Limited conducts the largest and most successful Group Apprenticeship Schemes for plumbing apprentices in Australia.
Apprentices are employed by Master Plumbers Apprentices Limited as indentured apprentices. Master Plumbers employs a team of “Field officers” to ensure Master Plumbers Apprentices Limited, the HOST and the apprentices each fulfil their part of the indenture (Contract of training and employment). Master Plumbers also prepares all documentation as required by statutory authorities and remains the legal employer for the period of the apprenticeship.
NECA Group Training
It is the Company’s mission to promote the entry of young people into the electro-technology industry in the trade of Electrical Mechanic (Electricians) and to have these apprentices successfully complete an apprenticeship and become licensed tradespersons. To achieve this, NECA Group Training is the legal employer of apprentices. These apprentices are placed (“hosted”) with an electrical contractor (Host Trainer) to obtain on-the-job practical skills of the trade. The apprentice will attend TAFE one day per week for approximately three years, paid for by the Company. NECA Group Training’s qualified (having Certificate IV Training & Assessment and trade Electrician) Technical Field Officers closely monitor both TAFE and on-the-job skills, ensuring that trade outcomes are being met
TABMA is a group of member-based industry associations. Their vision is to be recognised as the peak body for the timber and building materials industry and to use our resources to represent and assist members in the improvement of their businesses and the promotion of the industry.